This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Life's big changes - It's a Boy!!

Hello all - here is an update from the Nelson, Sanders, Adams and Strole household...

Me - Well, it was time for my annual psychiatry appointment with my 80ish year old doctor and well, I was talking with him about the last year and when I looked over - he was asleep (or dead I couldn't tell). I had a sudden fear that I had bored my psychiatrist to death!! I said his name a couple of times in hopes of waking him up and he didn't budge - so I poked him in the arm and he woke up and asked me if I wanted tranquilizers (good GOD do I need them?) I told him NO I DON'T need tranquilizers and he quickly said he was thinking about another patient. This is where the jokes come in (My psychiatrist slept with me, I bored him to death, I am a very soothing person???)

Amber is doing much better in school - we are doing a reward system that seems to be working. Bribery is what a reward system is - but hey, we have to do what we can right?

Mallory has been doing some interesting driving of late - she seems to be allergic to the concept of a "complete stop" at stop signs - she was almost broadsided and yes, we got a video of the whole thing...... I cannot in good faith relay the language she used on video - filthy. She is doing well in school and seems to enjoy her job at JC Penny.

Ron has been working his butt off at work and playing full time Dad on the weekends while I torture myself at school (I PASSED MY PRACTICUM) finally. Now it is on to my internship which will most definitely be like having 2 jobs - but I think Ron is handling things at home well!!

IT's A BOY - no I am not pregnant and either is Ron or Mallory. We have an exciting addition to our home. My nephew Tyler has decided to live with us until he graduates high school in about a year and half. He is a great kid - just needs a new environment. Although this is not easy by any means we feel blessed to have him!! Ron and I are re-locating Ron's office to our bedroom and for those of you that have had the pleasure of seeing his office - I am not yet sure where we will sleep! But - Tyler being a teenage boy - he needs his own room... Thank you Ron for being so willing to sacrifice your sanctuary!

The dogs are OK - we have had them in a cage by the dog door for about a year and decided to give them another chance to roam the house without peeing on EVERYTHING... They failed this test after getting into the trash peeing on all of our coats, the couches and yes yet again.... each other. I also found most of our underwear decorating the back yard - half eaten... So much for forgiveness and second chances the dogs are now back in their cage.

I am so excited for the holidays as I will get to see most of my friends from Qwest and other parts of the world - I feel so thankful to have friends where the lack of time doesn't damage the friendship.

Love you all.

Coni

1 comment:

ellen said...

Wow, your shrink fell asleep. Guess your problems aren't enthralling enough. I think your life is full to the brim with chaos so there must be something wrong with him!

I hope Tyler settles in easily.

Tell Ron he totally rocks!