This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Where have I been?? & Amber shaved off her eyebrows

Ok so sorry for the brief vacation from blogging. Here are some of the highlights of the last month:

1. Amber was playing beauty shop and shaved off "most" of her eyebrows.. This of course has been devastating to all of us as holding in the laughter has given the entire family minor heart attacks and some very sore ribs... She will recover although she does look like a house elf and is hard to look at for more than a second or two...

2. I was very sick.... All at once I had a Sinus Infection (Snot running continuously down the back of my throat) making my nose stuffed up so I could not breath through it, at the same time I had Acute Bronchitis (Snot trying to come up my throat) and making it hard to breath through my mouth. THE KICKER - was Strep throat causing my throat to swell and tickle. THE COMBINATION was a snot traffick jam in my throat made me one scary, whiny and irratable woman who could only sleep and gasp for air.... Pay no mind to the major Nicotine fits because unless I could smoke through my ears, it wasn't happening.

3. Mallory passed her driving test and we are happy to report that we NEVER have to ride in the car with her again. However, we are depending on all of you to keep an eye out for a dark Gray Ford Focus that is driving like a mad bat.... please call us to report her driving skills or lack thereof.... We are all safe until August 1st though, as she is already grounded from her license... OH to be a teenager.

4. We went up to my Step Moms cabin in Grandby to go boating and relax. The most relaxing part was being on the center of the lake in a severe lightening storm.. OOPS. We did survive mostly intact, other than our wits which were fried.

5. I purchased the new Harry Potter book at Midnight at a Grand Hallows ball. However, I was stuck in line with Amber who was excitedly talking and spit into the lady in line behind us's eye... Of course, Amber laughed feverishly instead of apologizing... I did have a rather charming young man in front of me that was very interesting, however all charms were lost when he asked me for my phone number (HELLO I HAVE A WEDDING RING)........ I kindly replied with "I could give you my husbands number, he looks something like Hagrid". All conversation ceased immediately...

6. I miss all of my friends at Qwest, it is always a promise to keep in touch but inevitably life changes and people get busy.... Oh how I miss the laughs and the doughnuts.

I am sure now that life is back on track and our near death and near loss of eyebrow experiences are fading I will be able to blog more.... An update on the blog Thursday for sure after Mallory's trial....

See you all - Love you all!!

Coni

No comments: