This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Back to School

OK so now that all of us parents are BROKE, since the schools want "Crayola" instead of generic (you remember the black and white packages of generic items that our parents used to buy to end our social lives in elementary schools). School clothes which cost a lot and have NO ENOUGH material...... especially in the teen section. Good god...I though we were in the bathing suit section, not the teen clothing section. Although I did find some cute lingerie in the teen clothing section.... Mallory then told me it is a top not lingerie... I guess I will save myself some embarassment and just go naked...

Anyway, so Amber is getting braces in a couple of weeks and I cannot beleive how much money they want for 6 tiny little brackets and a wire....... I was trying to think how that could cost $3,200, I think I am going to ask if we can provide our own parts and just pay the dentist for labor...... After all I have a couple of brackets that fell off of my teeth when I had braces and I know we can super glue them to her teeth... I also have "Memory" wire for jewelry making and some pliers.. WHAT IS SO DAMN EXPENSIVE...

Mallory's job is going well although her boss is a 24 year old control freak who thinks he rules the world because he manages a "Melt" store. They carry a lot of really cool things that nobody needs, like bath salt (If you are sweaty enough your sweat can turn a bath salty right?). They also have lots of lotion although when broke crisco works just like Eucerin (feels like it too). They also have face cleanser that causes zits..... apparently this is good????

Anyway, that is all for now... I need to go tend to my niece whose eyes appear like those of a pot head..... she has a nasty case of pink eye and is enjoying rubbing her eyes and touching things...... I am so glad the plague came to visit...... We love her lots, she is a super cool kid.........

2 comments:

ellen said...

Ouch, braces are expensive! I know Hannah is going to need them. I have been putting off taking her to see the dentist. I know that is something I shouldn't put off but hey, it's really expensive!

I like the Melt store.... Their lotions smell yummy.

Eew gross, you'd put Crisco on yourself. EEWWWWW.

Coni Sanders said...

When all is said and done with both rounds of braces, the total cost will be over $7,000... BIG OUCH...

I like the melt store too, I just don't want the Zit special.