This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Friday, October 12, 2007

Smoking cars, cooking adventures and bad grades

I have been SOOOO busy between work, my practicum for school and working on my internship that I can't even keep track of things (I keep doing things like paying the bills twice - or not at all). I am possibly doing my internship at St. Johns Hospice. I am so excited about this - grief counseling is awesome.

Mallory had her first taste of "life sucks" when your driving today when the focus blew a hose.... Of course she calls and says that the car is on fire because she can't tell the difference between smoke and steam....... OH MY!! And she even took auto shop at school..... good grief!! The car is now fixed and she is happily on the road again.

Amber is doing ok - she has straight "F's" at school........ we are so proud - NOT!!! Her teacher this year sucks and we are working on that... Amber may get to experience 4th grade twice. She is trying hard but she is beginning to internalize the behaviors that she used to act out. Her behavior at home is good, but at school she is far from focused. The special education department is working with us, every school tells you what to do when you are being bullied, but there aren't very many resources when your child is "THE BULLY".

ADVENTURES IN COOKING:
I tied to make Chicken and dumplings, 1st you must know the difference between edible chicken and ROTTON chicken (note to self: If the chicken smells so bad you gag, cooking it won't make it edible). 2nd you MUST NOT add too much baking powder - I put in a spoon sized amount of dough for the dumpling and it blew up the size of a watermelon and then deflated. Oh my............ I really can't get this cooking thing down.


Anyway - I will keep you all posted on our new adventures.

No comments: