This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Saturday, December 22, 2007

BUSY, BUSY, BUSY - oh Happy Freakin Holidays

Well, my bay window is broken but no worries, we have free replacement - it will be here the end of January...

I have completed my shopping through hell and back but none of the gifts caught fire (yet).

Ron is doing his shopping early this year (today). He is 2 days earlier than usual.

Mallory is doing well - of course murphy's law, the rack and pinion on her car broke so we are sharing the Volvo - of course the Volvo is a turbo and doesn't have a camera in it so god only knows what she is doing in my car.

I took Amber to the psychiatrist and par for the course - she acted psychotic (she does this when she is nervous). We have had instances where she crawls on the floor, rolls around, screams in terror and loses all control... although it is embarrassing sometimes, I know she has an illness and at times can't help it. Anyway - she barked (literally) at the psychiatrist and rolled on the floor.

I also took her to the store the other day and it was crowded, Amber was standing in the middle of the store shaking wildly and screaming in terror, people were running up to her to find out what was wrong; she forgot where I was and lost it.

The psychiatrist has removed her bi-polar diagnoses given that she is acting less depressed and more psychotic (but only when she is anxious). So he put her on a medication for anxiety in hopes of calming her at school (and everywhere else) when she gets anxious and out of control. The medication is making her tired but she should get used to it before she returns to school on January 8th. We love her so much, we just need to stop her barking in public...

GREAT NEWS - I have an interview for an internship January 3rd at Parker, Froyd and Associates to do my internship in Forensic Psychology. I am REALLY looking forward to it. They do Psychological evaluations, work with police when an officer is struggling or when there is an officer involved shooting. They have a quick response team that dispatches (via the police dept) when there is a crime with victims. They also treat Domestic Violence Perpetrators, victims and children. In addition, I will still get to do Grief work with them...

Love you all - Happy holidays and for those of you expecting a christmas card, as usual you may get them in June.

1 comment:

ellen said...

I shouldn't laugh but the image of your daughter barking at the shrink is way too funny. LOL.

I hope the anxiety meds will help her.

Years ago I had to tell Dan that I'd like it if he'd get my presents before the 24th AND put them under the tree. I think he'll be wrapping tonight...

Merry Christmas to you too!