This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Split pants & Internships

CHRISTMAS GATHERING

This is my best christmas memory for this year! A day with the girls in Conifer opening gifts, eating food, drunk roller-skating and just laughing, crying and having fun!

My best gift: A beautiful pink blanket made by Lance - a man who is redefining who he is, a master crafter! Not sure how to turn the picture - so turn your head...


LIFE SINCE CHRISTMAS!!!

OK so things have been interesting in the last two weeks.

INTERNSHIP
I went to my interview for an internship at Parker, Froyd and Associates. They are a Forensic Psychology group working with Court Ordered Clients.

I was so nervous about the interview I actually pulled over on the way there and threw up EWE!! I was careful not to blow chunks on my suit jacket, but my breath was atrocious so I put gum in my mouth, forgot to take it out and almost choked on it in the lobby........... YIKES, I am dying for this internship but I was worried I was going to die in their lobby...

After I gained my composure I walked into the interview and I must say - the Gods are not crazy today - they are amazing. This place is an interns dream, they actually seem to want to help me go from a baby therapist to a big girl. They are going to help me get certified by the DVOMB (Domestic Violence Offender Management Board) which is no small task. They are willing to offer me the hours I want (2 evenings a week, all day friday and 1 saturday a month)... I am in awe of how things are coming together. Thank you to all of you who summoned whatever higher power you beleive in and sent good thoughts my way..

I am not being a narcissist by putting a picture of myself (a bad picture) on my blog - I am only letting you all see what I look like since you may not see me for a year (because of my internship) and I am sure the after picture will look like the next photo...


Oh my - I am going to be tired...........





SPLIT MY PANTS
OH MY! I went to get in the car last night to go to the chiropractor and the seat felt awfully warm (I have heated seats). I go into the chiropractor and lay face down on the table when my oh so smooth husband says "Honey you need new pants" what he failed to tell me was that my ENTIRE ASS was hanging out!!!!

After a bright red giggle or two the chiropractor says he has seen it all (You bet he has ALL OF MY ASS). So as he is adjusting me, they rip some more. My only saving thought is "Thank god I didn't wear a thong, or better yet, go commando." So I get ready to leave walking out of the building as proud as can be that I... am not afraid to let the world see my Hello Kitty underwear.

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS
  • Spend some time writing all of my Oh so fun adventures, so I may never forget them - and tell the world about them.
  • Work my rear end off at my internship (Translation: See you all next year!).
  • Spend lots of quality time with the kids (Translation: Room searches and discipline) - I am hoping to help Amber with her anxiety by spending more time with her...... when I can find some.
  • Keep in touch at least over the phone once per month with every one of my friends.
  • Thank my husband daily for taking me and all of my adventures in stride and loving me anyway!
  • Be nicer to people (not nice..... just nicer).

3 comments:

ellen said...

Congrats on the internship!!! You totally deserve it! I don't see you all that often anyway so I won't mind not seeing you for a year. As long as you post on your blog form time to time to let us know you are alive.

Start your resolutions today by calling me! I haven't talked to you in forever...

Scylla said...

Go Coni, get busy, it's your internship!!

I knew you were going to rock that interview! Only an idiot wouldn't want to have you on their team, you are brilliant!

Miss you already dear.

Susan said...

I thought of you today while I was laying on the chiro table :)

Congrats on the internship. You rock!