This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Oh my where to begin??

OK - here we go:

Me - I have been busy with my internship now for a couple of weeks and things have been hectic... I am treating domestic violence offenders and it has been interesting. Society has a view of these guys like they are all sitting around in "wife beater" t-shirts and hate women. NOT TRUE, most of these guys are normal guys that just need to learn proper responses to anger and frustration. There are some that society would mark as typical but most of them seem to be truly interested in changing their ways - I am excited to be part of their journey!
I am only working 75 hours per week - Yippee, only 50 more weeks of this and I will be graduated!!

I have also been running the kids to appointments and I got frustrated because nobody had convenient appointment times that fit my schedule. After getting mad though I realized that the only convenient time for appointments was after 7pm on Saturday nights. My doctors office and the dentist office tout convenient appointment times - but not in my book. I suddenly realized that there AREN'T any convenient times anymore.

I decided to take some time out and go get a manicure pedicure at one of the asian shops by our house, I was enjoying myself (not really, having someone rip your cuticles off is Not very relaxing). I was in a state of calm when the lady said "you wan eyebow wax? you uppose to hab two" it was at this moment I realized that I have been too busy for beauty regimine and yes... I had one eyebrow - not two... That's ok though, I will pluck them while in traffic on my way to work :)

Mallory - She has been doing SO well. She slipped up once and now if grounded for an indefinite amount of time, but she knows that she made some bad choices and just needs to do a little more work on herself...

Amber - Well, Amber started taking medication to lessen the anxiety that causes her to act strange when she is nervous. The medication works well, except for extreme circumstances such as the hamsters getting out... Mallory bought a new hamster that was small enough to get out of the cage. So we had 2 hamsters on the loose, with 3 cats in the house.
Amber was in the bathroom (going #2) and the hamster ran under the door of the bathroom. Of course the logical thing to do in Ambers world is to stand up tackle the hamster and squeeze it to her chest and run to Mom screaming (pants not quite up yet - oh and she didn't have time to wipe).
So she finds me in the garage and is screaming and holding her chest and crying - of course I immediately think she is hurt as she is grasping her chest. She finally says "hammmmster"!!!!!! So we get the hamster back into our smaller cage and set out to find the other one. As we are looking Amber peeks under the dresser - begins screaming, hits her head on the drawer and starts to hyperventilate. I could care less about the hamster, Amber was about to pass out, all I could do was tell her to breathe while I caught the hamster. Now we have both hamsters in a small cage and then realized we have now put a boy and a girl hamster in the same cage. I will look forward to blogging about our newborn dwarf hamsters....

Tyler - Tyler is doing really well, he is getting good grades and enjoying living with us (I think..). It is always hard to tell with teenage boys what they are thinking. They generally don't listen until you say something like "star-wars" or "transformers". He got grounded for the first time, which he handled well - he was grounded from video games and well without them - he went to bed at 6:00pm...

Ron - Poor Ron, he has been working his job and fixing every virus ridden computer that has landed in our bedroom..... Keep in mind he no longer has an office so he has spent a lot of time in Tylers room fixing computers. Ron has also had his hands full with the cars; he has replaced the "rack" of the focus (sounds like it got a boob job). I also took the Volvo in for an alignment and oil change and was informed that my car needed new brakes and rotors (no problem it's only going to be an extra $800). So, Ron being Ron is going to do the work himself, after all the parts are only $250.

OK - NOW the big news for Ron, he is so excited to have purchased a Lexus engine for the 4-runner, he is going to use a chevy transmission to make his Toyota capable of hauling a "truggy" which will be mine when we are 4-wheeling. Yes, this sounds insane to me too, a 22 year old truck with at least 1 part from every make of car BUT Ford. But this is what Ron enjoys doing in his free time. Truck parts are like crack cocaine for him.

Talk to you all soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Ron's one of my hero's are so are you....Always on my mind...Let me know if you need help exporting children to respective appts...my life is busy...but, I will alwasy make exceptions for you..

Love-C

Anonymous said...

I couldn't remember my dumbass upteenth password so you get anon. posting from me....

Tell Ron thanks again for helping with Marilyns computer....as I know you are busy....

ellen said...

I am always amazed at the stories in your life. Is it all real? Does your daughter really run bare ass clutching a hamster? Hilarious.

I wish I were there to hear the tales of your life every Sunday over a cup of coffee. Life is never dull for you.