This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Disconnected - Taking some time

So I haven't posted in a couple of days....... I have been taking some mental time off....... I decided that digging up dandelions was my new favorite past time.... They are a magical flower, no matter how many of them you remove they magically pop up again.... I think I may become a dandelion florist....... cheap and you can't kill them..... Someone suggested a funeral spray of dandelions - I don't think that I can go there...........

Amber on the other hand has discovered that scissors are her favorite toy now, and just like like the dandelions no matter how many you get rid of, they magically appear. She has trimmed our beautiful slow growing fire bush - just a lot, right off the top.... Then of course she trimmed off my tulips and painted our rock garden pink and blue - Ron was so happy to see the splash of color... NOT!

Mallory discovered that being 7 minutes late for curfew is a bad idea - the whole "we were finishing a movie" doesn't count as a valid excuse.....

Ron has spent a lot of time working in the back yard, he's a good guy..........

Anyway - not a whole lot of exciting stuff going on - THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Scylla said...

Yup... boring is good. We like boring. It is that old chinese curse "May you live in interesting times."

My life, like yours, has been interesting for too long. I want some good old fashioned 'not much' going on.

Susan said...

If you run out dandelions, I have a plethora springing up in my yard. By the time I get to pulling them they are going to be small trees :)

We'll have to go out to coffee after I get back from Asia.

ellen said...

Ah, scissors... it reminds me of Hannah and her self inflicted mullet hairdo so many years ago. Hopefully Amber will quit before she trims her own bangs!

I have the prettiest front lawn in the neighborhood with all the pretty dandelions and little purple flowers. I am sure all the neighbors with perfect green lawns are jealous of us. :)