This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

10 days flew by......

Ok so I haven't posted in 10 days but here is what has been happening...

Mallory had a friend that died last week... He stole a car, ran from the police, wrecked the stolen car (rolled it 8 times) and died.... Apparently his girlfriend was a runaway (she was also in the car - now gravely injured and missing a leg). He was running from the police because she didn't want to be found - DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB.... Well not only was she suicidal and depressed - now her boyfriend is dead and she is missing a leg.....

So in light of the fact that the only death Mallory has dealt with was her grandpa she didn't quite know how to deal with it........ so she ditched a class..... makes sense right??? NOT...... she ditched class to build a memorial (made out of poster board and cigarettes) in honor of the dumb ass that made the choice to run from the cops and die.... I am not trying to be hard headed but teaching teenagers about choices is like teached a dog to scoop their own poop...

Work has been really crazy - No pun intended.... We have started daking Department of Correction kids and in addition, we got a guy that was "too dangerous for jail".......... how does that happen.

I am getting worried about school - I need to find 3 volunteers to get free counseling during my practicum (6 sessions on the weekends)....... the problem is that it can't be family and the majority of my friends are in New Jersey.

So far, working nights has done my body good and bad - my diet is terrible and I am down to a size 6...... getting close to looking like a 12 year old boy...... anyway - I love you all and I hope to share more with you soon.

Love yall.............. Coni

4 comments:

ellen said...

I was noticing in that picture that you've dropped a lot of weight! You look great but make sure you eat. I don't think you could ever look like a 12 year old boy. They don't have boobs!

I am so sorry to hear about Mallory's friend. That is so tragic. It is hard to make sense of things like that.

So. I don't know if you've heard or not but things are pretty crazy for Trav right now. I won't go into detail on your blog but I bet she'd be up for some free counseling. Let me know if you don't have her number. I can also offer a few of my totally messed up relatives the opportunity to get some free counseling! Hell, with one of them you could write your doctorate!

Coni Sanders said...

Yeah - please get me Trav's #... and anyone else that may be interested......

Love ya, miss ya!!

Coni

Scylla said...

Coni, please tell Mallory I am sorry, and if she wants to talk to someone else who just lost a close friend, I would be happy to listen.

Also, can the counseling be over the phone or video conference? If not, I will be there for 2 weeks in August and happily volunteer.

Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Tell Mallory I'm sorry about her friend. I lost a friend at 15 due to poor choices between a boyfriend and girlfriend. It's stupid and tragic all at the same time.

Hey, you know me if you need a volunteer I'm available, although my life is pretty ok for the moment! My son did finally surface the other day (via phone call from his step mom). Said he's not ready to talk to me yet??? Whatever that means. Probably because I no longer put up with his B.S.! ha! Love ya!!! Jules