This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Brain Purge

So it has been a while since I last posted... The reason - I didn't put it on my schedule.

I have found that my brain is purging everything that is not a part of survival, such as:

Blogging to update my friends
Passwords to everything I need
Showering
and - I can't remember if there is anything else

Yes, it is true - I am not quite sure of the last time I showered because I am not even sure what day it is... Yesterday I slept for a whole 3 hours of a 24 hour day... I am seeing wrinkles that I don't think were there a month ago, black bags under my eyes that are making me look like a raccoon and children that I can't remember if they are mine.

The good news is - I only have another 11 months of this before I can move on with my life, get to know my kids again and possibly get a face lift to repair the damage of this year...

What I find truly amazing is that when you don't have any time, you inevitably are able to find time for those things important to you (obviously showering is not very important to me - although I think those around me disagree with my priorities). I have seen my friends in town more, called more people that I know and I think it is because I am so frantically fearful that I will lose touch with the world. Did any of you know there was a tornado in Tennessee?? I didn't... I guess news is not important anymore either.

Here is what I "think" is happening with my family in the last couple of weeks:

Amber - she is learning life lessons on how to behave properly by watching other children's behavior and trying to reproduce it... surprisingly she is doing well with this.

Mallory - she is doing VERY well. Things got rough for her and she is picking herself up off the ground, dusting off the dirt, healing the bruises and moving on with life. I have high hopes for her abilities. She has signed up for Warren Tech to learn how to be a something I can't spell but it has to do with skincare... She is doing really well at work and even picked up an extra shift when someone called in sick. This is something that most teenagers don't sign up for - extra work!!

Tyler - Tyler was sick and was grounded to "staying home from school". He really wanted to go to school but with much protest he agreed to stay home and vomit...

Ron - oh Ron... he is trying so hard to keep up with his life at work, at home, as a husband, a parent, a computer programmer, a mechanic, oh and did I mention a parent. He has taken on so much of the duties that I cannot do and he is doing an incredible job. He is enjoying playing with his new motor from a Lexus that he is putting into his 4runner. Oh and he is soon to be quitting smoking amidst all of this....

That is all for now - I love and miss you all... I will be paroled from my internship in 11 months and hopefully I will still remember all of your names. Bye for now.

No comments: