This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Hmmm why am I upset?

I am sitting here and I feel uncomfortable.... Mallory is talking to her father (yes - Jason her biological father) on the phone in the room next to me.

I have always wanted her to be content in the "dad" department. I just worry that she will be disappointed. I was so crushed when Barry left and she was lonely and abandoned. When Ron came back into the picture she displayed some hope that not all "dad's" are bad... Ron is wonderful to her but she has always been searching for that "real dad".

Jason is a great guy - he actually wouldn't talk to her until he talked to me to make sure that I was ok with it. He also wanted to respect my wishes since he had signed away all rights. He sounds like he is doing well in life (married, kids etc.).

What is strange to me is that Mallory has siblings out there (a lot of them) that she doesn't know. It never really crossed my mind that she has brothers and sisters other than Amber.

I think what it comes down to is............................ I don't share well.

Not really an interesting blog - but I do feel better. Thanks for reading.

Coni

2 comments:

ellen said...

I know things with Jason have never been easy seeing as he wasn't much more than a sperm donor in the beginning. I think that Mallory has to decide if she wants to pursue a relationship with him. If Jason is open and willing to communicate with her than let them take it where it will go. I am sure this isn't easy for you because your job as a mom is to make sure she doesn't get hurt. You've done a great job so far. :)

Scylla said...

I don't share well either. I feel your pain honey, being the bigger better person sucks.