This site is dedicated to my ever loving bratty children, my tolerant husband and well to my friends who support me in so many ways even when we don't speak for years. Cheers - to the beautiful and not so beautiful passings in our lives. In other words - those moments when life is painful and all you can do is laugh until you cry (or pee)!

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hannah Montana & Groundings

Today has been an interesting day...

I woke up at 9:00am on a Sunday to take Amber to see Hannah Montana in the theaters. I really thought that it would rank right up there with getting a colonic. It was in 3-D and yes, it was annoying and terrible.... However, seeing Amber jumping up and down giggling and screaming was worth every bit of the pain and torture (and the $30 the tickets cost - plus $12 in popcorn and a bucket of soda). What a sight, she was SO excited...

Right now I am sitting here listening to torture; no not Hannah Montana - Mallory screaming and crying because she is sick of being grounded. It is a four day weekend for her and she is miserable... God I hate being a mom sometimes. Of course, we never believed our parents when they said that grounding us hurt them as much as it did us...... now we know; grounding does hurt us as parents.

I am going to get to escape to work in the next 2 hours and I can't wait. The pain of listening to her cry is unbearable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so not looking forward to this part of motherhood! Anytime you need to get "a way" feel free to come over! I usually always have coffee and beer:)

Just remember you are a great Mom, even though it doesn't feel good sometimes. Someday Mallory will thank you, someday.

Scylla said...

Oh honey, please give yourself a hug for me.
I am sorry this is hard.